Sunday, January 22, 2006

Holiday - Week #1

It is holiday now! This holiday is different from the others, not because of Chinese New Year, but something else. My niece is going to stay in my home and sharing my room starting from January 17 due to some circumstances. She is 11 years old. She was in the hospital before that. After 7 years of having a single room to myself, I have to share my room with someone again. I am very peculiar person when it comes to tidiness. I do not like anyone to mess with my stuff; a strong holder of privacy. Luckily, things turn out to be better than I expected.

Unlike other holidays, in which I spend almost the whole day in front of my laptop/personal computer chatting, watching drama/movies/anime and surfing, I am helping out my parents to take care of my niece. As my home personal computer is broken, my brother is basically occupying my laptop to play Warcraft. I am able to online most of the time. The list of people online for my Yahoo and MSN messenger is always so few during holidays. As Chinese New Year is approaching, the list decreases to less than 10 people online for both messengers.

There are sales everywhere now. So far, I had visited 2 shopping complexes – Giant and Tesco. Giant is a newly open supermarket in Bayan Baru, located just beside Pantai Mutiara Hospital. Some of the shops there are still under renovation and the place is relatively small, only single storey and not very spacious. I visited Tesco yesterday and it was packed with people even though it was 11pm. There were many people and trolleys, barely able to move. There are some places selling clothes, for stock clearance(not in Tesco). It is not really cheap. But, there are some very nice clothes for girls around the age of kindergarten at PISA (Penang Indoor Stadium Arena).

Jin visited me 2 days ago. There was not much time, so I did not manage to give him a round tour around the island.

Congratulations to Huwi Yin for getting her first job at Intel, Cyberjaya ^^

No comments: