Saturday, July 16, 2005

1st outing with my labmates ^^

July 14, Saturday – Today I went out with Eileen, Ryan and my labmates – Jae Hoon, Jang Chun, Dong Hun and Jae Hoon’s girlfriend, Star. Star looked a bit different from the pictures that Jae Hoon oppa showed me before in his homepage. However, she still looks cute in a way, very much reminded me of Li Rong, Thai Sin’s younger sister. We met Jae Hoon, Star and Dong Hun in front of Baskin Robbins ice-cream shop. Ji Hyun onni who was supposed to go with us was unable to make it. We took bus 61 to Nampo Dong. My labmates wanted to watch “Magdagascar”. As we had watched it before, we decided to shop around the area instead. They offered to pay for our tickets, but it is not nice for us to let them do so. They bought the tickets for the movie in another cinema, which is located near to the cinema that we went to previously. This cinema is nicer, from the outside. The cinema is called CGV, reminded me of Tanjung Golden Village(TGV).

Our first target was tower, as I only brought one from Malaysia and it was difficult for me to change. Eileen led the way as she had been there for a whole day shopping before and knows the place better. However, we were still a bit lost. Ryan and Eileen tested out some hawker food along the way. After some time, we come across several shops selling towels. There are not many designs. They are normally in plain color with little patterns. I bought a blue towel, average size at 4,000 won. It is the cheapest I can get. The smaller ones ranged from 1,500 won to 3,000 won. Next, we visited some shops selling souvenirs. Stuff such as the box for keeping accessories is very nice. They are made of wood and sea shells. The inside of the box is shinning. The design is indeed very unique and beautiful. However, it is very expensive as well. The smallest one cost 50,000 won(around RM200). Eileen managed to get herself a green watch at the underground shopping complex at 6,000 won. The design is cute.

At 5pm, we met up with my labmates again in front of the cinema. Then, we went to a restaurant for dinner. It was a very grand one, with mini fountains and automatic doors. I was astonished by its interior design, it is really traditional-like. I like it very much. The next thing that comes into my mind was…”this meal is going to be an expensive one”. The waitress leaded us to a small room at the second floor. They were dressed in traditional Korea clothes. The utensils for the food were very different from the ones that I went before, such as the chopsticks and spoon was served differently. They were also heavier than the normal ones that we used. The meal was really nice, maybe also because I like seafood. We had many side dishes, a big serving of bean sprout with seafood and soup. I was really enjoying myself. Jae Hoon oppa was trying to be funny as usual. Jang Chun oppa did not seem to eat much. After dinner, we had dessert. It was called “Crystal Fruit Juice”, a direct translation from the Korean name. It tasted a bit weird but delicious. My guess was correct. My oppas were really going to treat Eileen, Ryan and I for the meal. Then, we headed back to Naengjeong by subway.

As we reached Naengjeong, Jae Hoon oppa treated us ice-creams. It was tasty. When I reached the lab, they treated me a can of aloe juice. Jae Hoon oppa sure has a good memory on things like this, such as people’s favorite food.

p/s: will upload the pictures soon.

No comments: