* Sorry for the slow photo upload! My connection is extremely slow recently.
For my first night in Malaysia again, I couldn’t really sleep well. There is only 1 hour time difference between Korea and Malaysia; it shouldn’t have affected me that much. I woke up at around 7.30am and unable to get back to sleep again. Suddenly, I feel weird being in Malaysia again.
As I went out to the “kopitiam”, the aunties there are speaking in Mandarin. It feels so weird that they are not speaking in Korean. I find Malaysia’s dollar notes very small as Korean’s one are bigger. I just couldn’t seem to get use to its size. The feel of touching it is different again. Some Malaysians are missing Malaysia food when they are in Korea. I do not know why but I don’t seem to miss it that much. Could it be because that I was able to get use of the food there? I was quite bored with Korean food as they are almost the same after staying there for a first few months. But, I was not complaining it as much as when I was in Malacca. Hmm… could it be that Malacca’s food really doesn’t suite my taste? Or perhaps I was comparing it much with Penang’s food? The food in Korea and Malaysia is almost totally different.
Suddenly, without the need to go to the lab, is somehow too relaxing for me. I enjoyed going to the lab. My lab members were there and I was happy chatting with them. There were many friends around the campus as well. Though I need to work and sometimes maybe a bit stress, I like it there. It feels very homely. The internet connection in Malaysia is extremely slow compared to in Korea. I can hardly upload a picture into my photobucket today.
When I cooked in the common kitchen, most of the time there were other students cooking there as well. Even though sometimes we were not that close, only hi-bye friends, I feel warm. If in the morning, they will greet you “morning” and asked you what you are cooking etc. Nowadays, as I walk into my “private” kitchen, I only see some cooking utensils and unwashed dishes (must be my brother’s doings again). No more curry smell in the kitchen anymore (the Indians always cook curry there and my mum seldom cooks curry). There are so many things that I miss it there~
Thursday, October 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oh man~ If got chance or fate,u may married a Korean guy if possible! That will be a quite good idea, agree? Haha!=P
Post a Comment